MM300 serial number qestion

Stillense

Looking for a little help here. I recently purchased a Seiko Marinemaster SBDX017 and the serial number started in “0”. I was confused when I saw this because I thought the the first number on the serial number represented the last digit of the year the watch was made. This is confusing because the SBDX017 was only made from 2015-2018. Any help would be appreciated!

SeikoForum

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Stillense, the serial number convention you're describing is only applicable for vintage models -- not modern references. I don't know which year this practice was stopped.

SeikoForum

Administrator
Staff member
It would greatly help if you could post a photo of your watch. Make sure your SBDX017 has the etched crown and diashield coating -- the 011 did not.

Looking for a little help here. I recently purchased a Seiko Marinemaster SBDX017 and the serial number started in “0”. I was confused when I saw this because I thought the the first number on the serial number represented the last digit of the year the watch was made. This is confusing because the SBDX017 was only made from 2015-2018. Any help would be appreciated!

George

I have the same issue. I just purchased a SBDX017, and the serial number starts with 0 as well. I´ve read in many sites, that the first digit is for the year, second for the month. I haven´t read that this only applies for vintage Seikos.

SeikoForum

Administrator
Staff member
Post a photo of your beautiful watch! I love the MM300, which is modeled after the vintage 6159-700X.

SeikoForum

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, what a classic! I love the mm300! Do you wear it more on the strap or metal band? Personally, I'm a bigger fan of rubber straps on my Seikos.