Seiko Bullhead 1970

Michael

Hello to everyone , I am new here on this forum .
I have a Vintage Seiko bullhead which I had bought a few years ago .
The watch keeps time perfectly , until one dreadful day I dropped my watch ....! Since then the chrono seconds hand stops at 58” but on its own manages to get un stuck and carry on working and passing the 58” position making the minute hand to work etc ... my day is also stuck only the date changes .
I have read that most of these movements have an issue with the Center chrono wheel .
My question is does this need a new Center chrono wheel ? Since it stops and starts again ?
Might it all just be about adjustment if there is such a thing .

When chrono mode is on and gets stuck , the rest of the movement is still working .

Is there a reputable watchmaker I could maybe send my watch for repairs etc ..??
Kind regards
Michael

SeikoForum

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Michael, there are a few very good watchmakers in the Seiko vintage community. Check out Duncan Hewitt in the UK. Where are you based?

Michael

Hello thank you for your reply , I am located in Cyprus . But would not have a problem to ship
It over if it could be repaired I will google the name on the Internet
and try and find him.
Thank you very much

Michael

Hi Michael, Duncan Hewitt is an international watchmaker. I have used him multiple times to great success. This is his website: The Watch Bloke
Thank you very much , I was able to send him my details on his contact page explaining the issue .
Hopefully he will reply back soon . From what I understand he had a long waiting list ....

SeikoForum

Administrator
Staff member
If the watch has sentimental value to you, it will be well worth the wait. Duncan has literally serviced and saved tens of thousands of dollars in watches for me. He is the single best vintage Seiko watchmaker around, in my opinion.

Thank you very much , I was able to send him my details on his contact page explaining the issue .
Hopefully he will reply back soon . From what I understand he had a long waiting list ....

Michael

If the watch has sentimental value to you, it will be well worth the wait. Duncan has literally serviced and saved tens of thousands of dollars in watches for me. He is the single best vintage Seiko watchmaker around, in my opinion.
That is great news 👍 I will have to wait for his reply and see what he has to say 😊

SeikoForum

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful all-original piece with original lume. I would definitely service the movement and leave everything else as-is. You'll need new gaskets and seals, as well. I've seen these sell for anywhere between $500 - $1200 USD.

Michael

Hi Michael, there are a few very good watchmakers in the Seiko vintage community. Check out Duncan Hewitt in the UK. Where are you based?
Beautiful all-original piece with original lume. I would definitely service the movement and leave everything else as-is. You'll need new gaskets and seals, as well. I've seen these sell for anywhere between $500 - $1200 USD.
Hi there , just found out the item number needed it’s the 888611 seiko part Center chrono wheel , I am really depressed I cannot source a piece from no where and two on eBay want an arm and a leg ...I am doomed

Michael

Hi there , just found out the item number needed it’s the 888611 seiko part Center chrono wheel , I am really depressed I cannot source a piece from no where and two on eBay want an arm and a leg ...I am doomed
My movement is 6138B 21 jewels

SeikoForum

Administrator
Staff member
Feel lucky that that you even have the opportunity to purchase it at all. Some parts such as crystals or hands are completely unattainable.