6L35…my findings.

Raeljon

I’ve been lucky and secured The King Seiko reissue and Alpinist 1959. Both presented in a redish brown and orangey brown case respectively. Things of beauty, and that’s before you remove the duo from their presentation boxes!

I own a Grand Seiko too and it’s interesting to note that these latest ‘top-end’ Seiko releases are pushing at the quality threshold of entry GS. I’m guessing, as more and more high end watch lovers start to gravitate towards GS, that there’s an associated interest/fascination in Seikos new ( and very high quality ) limited editions just below Grand Seikos entry point pricing….certainly, the driver in my case.

It’s my understanding that the 6L35 hasn’t had many outings within the Seiko range but I find it respectfully accurate at +4 seconds a day on my King Seiko and -2 on my Alpinist 1959. It must be a diminutive calibre as the Alpinist 1959 is a very small and sexy watch, coming in at just over 36mm. The movement is also a quiet ticker and I strain to hear it pressed against my ear on both versions. Date swap over is near instantaneous, on both, at midnight. The second hand sweep is very reminiscent of my Swiss watches and lovely to behold. All in all very happy but I do wish there was way more info available on this calibre?

SeikoForum

Administrator
Staff member
Show us some photos of your collection! You have some amazing watches.

SeikoForum

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the older Seiko movements from the 1960's were built much better than they are now. They're real workhorses and very accurate to boot.