Daven

Reaction score
B05A22C4-6AE6-4F5C-B7FB-51C5566D9263.jpeg
I have plenty of hills here!

SeikoForum

Diehard Seiko Collector Since 2014
Staff member
Reaction score
there's something about the depth of that glossy black, those markers and the handset🤩
Wow, you bought one? Is the pictured watch yours? Are congratulations in order?

SeikoForum

Staff member
Reaction score
no, this is just a pic i found online.
i think it looks great, but I’m not hunting for one.
Right, because you’re hunting for the mysterious Tuna can, right?

SeikoForum

Staff member
Reaction score
not specifically, but checking out a ‘full size’ Tuna is one of the things i have in mind. i bought a completely different watch this evening.
Wow, what did you buy? Do tell! 😉

SeikoForum

Staff member
Reaction score
With tremendous inspiration from this thread, I’ve decided to target the SCVF007 as my next Seiko acquisition. I need one of these in my life.

E1D3FA3C-E392-4E28-9087-38C0299BAC53.png

planteria

Reaction score
nice model SF. i prefer the ‘without red’ SARB personally though, and the green dial has a distinctiveness that stands out.. not sure if you clocked one on one of the ‘watch boxes’ images I uploaded.

SeikoForum

Staff member
Reaction score
nice model SF. i prefer the ‘without red’ SARB personally though, and the green dial has a distinctiveness that stands out.. not sure if you clocked one on one of the ‘watch boxes’ images I uploaded.
Good point. The green one may be more “true to form” for the Alpinist experience. I’m still doing research and deciding. I will be posting updates as I progress in my journey! Thank you for the inspiration, @planteria!

planteria

Reaction score
haha no problem. i have still not started to wear my Alpinist.. i need to get to order a new strap for it, and then will give it some wrist time.
not to the same extent of course, but if an iconic GMT has blue-red ‘Pepsi’ bezel an Alpinist has a green sunburst dial and gold numerals and hour markers, even though in the latter case that wasn’t the original.

SeikoForum

Staff member
Reaction score
haha no problem. i have still not started to wear my Alpinist.. i need to get to order a new strap for it, and then will give it some wrist time.
not to the same extent of course, but if an iconic GMT has blue-red ‘Pepsi’ bezel an Alpinist has a green sunburst dial and gold numerals and hour markers, even though in the latter case that wasn’t the original.
The "cathedral" handset should also be part of the requirements. Of the 3 standard colors: black, cream, and green, only the green and cream do it for me.