Reaction score
thoughts re these?
a Tuna, a Samurai and a Monster..
B8808264-B0CF-435D-8FDA-66A27B0EEBE4.jpeg

Last edited:

Daven

Reaction score
Left to right samurai,tuna,monster?
Did Seiko come up with these names originally or are these names what Seiko owners eventually came up with?

SeikoForum

Diehard Seiko Collector Since 2014
Staff member
Reaction score
Left to right samurai,tuna,monster?
Did Seiko come up with these names originally or are these names what Seiko owners eventually came up with?
Nicknames given by owners and the cult followings they have formed behind each model. :)

Daven

Reaction score
Ok thanks. And did i get the order correct? Just trying to get used to identifying the models.

SeikoForum

Diehard Seiko Collector Since 2014
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. And did i get the order correct? Just trying to get used to identifying the models.
Left to right: tuna, samurai, monster

Daven

Reaction score
Though i just noticed the crown on the middle one that i consider the turtle is at the 3 O’clock?

Daven

Reaction score
Thanks. I give up? I see the monster based on the bezel but discounting the crown the middle looks more more like a turtle or cushion case design. The actual turtle looks different to me. But you are the expert

planteria

Reaction score
Thanks. I give up? I see the monster based on the bezel but discounting the crown the middle looks more more like a turtle or cushion case design. The actual turtle looks different to me. But you are the expert
i don't understand your confusion. there is no turtle, and i guided re the case types from the outset.

planteria

Reaction score
all three of these are limited edition models. i think the colours are cool.

i think the Samurai is a good watch: clean design, bold hands, substantial crown.

can anyone confirm whether the Tuna is a 'full size Tuna'? are some of the vintage models bigger than this?--i think so.
this model being solar is a bit different, whereas the other two are automatic.

Daven

Reaction score
0FA58758-11DE-4764-8D4E-1383FBE07F4C.jpeg
i see the tuna case but it seems shrouded (red arrow)and then open for access to rotation ( blue arrows)

Daven

Reaction score
I do like this watch. Haven’t seen one out there until now. I have seen the monster that i also find interesting.

Daven

Reaction score
Of the three styles the knurled bezel makes the turtle on the left my first choice when it comes to a Seiko dive watch.
DN

Daven

Reaction score
I like the automatic Seiko’s but i think a Solar diver is on the list. I personally only plan to stay in the under $400 Seiko watch collecting window. My days of spending over a $1000 on a watch have long since past. Thankfully Seiko has som outstanding choices i automatic divers under that $400 range. Thank you Seiko!
dn

planteria

Reaction score
I like the automatic Seiko’s but i think a Solar diver is on the list. I personally only plan to stay in the under $400 Seiko watch collecting window. My days of spending over a $1000 on a watch have long since past. Thankfully Seiko has som outstanding choices i automatic divers under that $400 range. Thank you Seiko!
dn
these will all be above that price point, and good value compared to other brands in the market imo.

Daven

Reaction score
You are correct i meant Tuna but i was thinking turtle not just misnaming it. Now things make sense thanks

planteria

Reaction score
i've never owned a Tuna, a Samurai or a Monster, but it's the Samurai that interests me most. i'm back with this dealer later this week, so i'm likely to consider further as part of other discussions.

Daven

Reaction score
Tha sam is the cleanest looking watch of the 3. The monster has that wavy smooth or less aggressive bezel which i’m not too fond of so i would be inclined to choose the tuna.
Plus i already have a monster. Ducati 1200 monster that is….lol.