The Perpetual Daily Wrist Shot Thread (Created by @Daven)

SeikoForum

Incurable Seiko Addict Since 2014
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
6105-8000 from February 1970.

764EA68B-B498-4D3E-9ACF-565A076C11FE.jpeg

SeikoForum

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Andrew, you have excellent taste in watches. I'm really digging your wrist shots.
Seiko 7005-8032, this was given to me by my grandfather and I dated this watch to 1971. The crystal had a fair amount of scratches on it, but I treated it with some brasso.

View attachment 408

AndrewIO1

Reaction score
Andrew, you have excellent taste in watches. I'm really digging your wrist shots.
Thank you, I love these vintage watches the most because of their style, even with the modern Seikos I tend to go for the vintage look, especially with the Presage line. Ill have to share some more of my collection at some stage.

SeikoForum

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Thank you, I love these vintage watches the most because of their style, even with the modern Seikos I tend to go for the vintage look, especially with the Presage line. Ill have to share some more of my collection at some stage.
Your pieces have been absolutely fantastic. Everything you have shared appear to be unpolished original honest examples with a perfect amount of wear befitting of vintage pieces. Which types of pieces have you focused on collecting?

AndrewIO1

Reaction score
Your pieces have been absolutely fantastic. Everything you have shared appear to be unpolished original honest examples with a perfect amount of wear befitting of vintage pieces. Which types of pieces have you focused on collecting?
I guess I mostly focus on watches that allow me to have a formal and everyday look, but I do also like sporty/dive watches for the everyday look as well. But aside from the two presage models I own, these vintage watches have been handed down or given to me, although I have been looking at the vintage market, especially for a King Seiko.

SeikoForum

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I guess I mostly focus on watches that allow me to have a formal and everyday look, but I do also like sporty/dive watches for the everyday look as well. But aside from the two presage models I own, these vintage watches have been handed down or given to me, although I have been looking at the vintage market, especially for a King Seiko.
Any KS model in particular? For awhile, I was interested in sourcing a 36mm hi-beat, but I could never find one in the top condition I wanted.

AndrewIO1

Reaction score
Any KS model in particular? For awhile, I was interested in sourcing a 36mm hi-beat, but I could never find one in the top condition I wanted.
I've been looking at Hi-Beat models too, but mostly at the 5625-7000 model. Though I am not as familiar with King Seikos as my other watches. But I think this is a watch that's just on my list of watches to get one day.

SeikoForum

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I've been looking at Hi-Beat models too, but mostly at the 5625-7000 model. Though I am not as familiar with King Seikos as my other watches. But I think this is a watch that's just on my list of watches to get one day.
Any particular reason to target King Seiko and not Grand Seiko? The design language is very similar. Not a lot of people know that KS and GS were competitors back in the day between Daini vs Suwa.

AndrewIO1

Reaction score
Any particular reason to target King Seiko and not Grand Seiko? The design language is very similar. Not a lot of people know that KS and GS were competitors back in the day between Daini vs Suwa.
I remember doing research and found it interesting that they were competing with each other. But I think the main reason I'm looking for a King Seiko is that judging by the prices online, I found that they are more affordable than that of Grand Seiko. But I also like the vintage look of the King Seikos despite them having similar designs.

SeikoForum

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
View attachment 412i was interested in the recent reissue of the King Seiko, but I haven’t managed to see one in the metal. I can see some retailers still have them, and it’s a serious watch… but £3000 is moving into a field where there are a lot of options
It might be just me, but the lugs looks awfully thick on that one. Vintage for me.

planteria

Reaction score
fwiw i think the lugs are cool.. angular, and from some angles look far more slim, the changability is kind of the point.
but i've not had one in my hand, and it's not something i'm planning to buy.

SeikoForum

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Different watch, different strap. Same reference number for today. 7054D1CD-3414-420B-A647-478A8FB1D5C0.jpeg

SeikoForum

Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Another Seiko day for me. Lately, I can’t seem to get enough of the brand. I have worn a Seiko on my wrist nonstop for the past week. Each time I strap one on my wrist, I remind myself how deeply I love this brand.

80493A21-B90F-4390-BA2D-F05B016B6368.jpeg