What Seiko or OW are you wearing today?

Daven

Reaction score
image.jpg
My 1st and only SRPD53…1st of many?

Last edited:

Daven

Reaction score
My hope is this thread generates a plethora of photos ( hopefully with a explanation of the model) that will in the end help us all learn more about these wonderful watches. Pictures of latest acquisitions with the same goal are also acceptable unless you think a separate thread is warranted? It’s meant to run into infinite and beyond. Guess we will see?
DN
You can also take it off your wrist and choreograph a nice picture.

Last edited:

SeikoForum

Diehard Seiko Collector Since 2014
Staff member
Reaction score
This one hasn’t left my wrist since yesterday.

C1837387-8507-4416-9A69-BBA46FA8FFE3.jpeg

Daven

Reaction score
Just came in the mail today? SRP777K1. Was supposed to be Wednesday the 27th so very happy. I see the picture uncovered my minute hand is off but i had the seconds hand set to the second. Minutes hand corrected but now I’m 8 seconds off actual time. Oh well.

Daven

Reaction score
Yea i see that mainly at the 5-6-7 markers and i smidge at the 4-8. But honestly i’m not that picky. Only paid a tic over $300. If it was a $500 plus watch i might have an issue.
DN

Daven

Reaction score
Is it possible they send the ones that are most off to a clearing house? It was the cheapest seller by over a $100

planteria

Reaction score
Looks great! The chapter ring isn’t perfectly aligned at 12 o’clock, though. These are known issues with Seiko QC.
oh yes.. now you’ve pointed it out I can’t un-see it. I wouldn’t be happy with that really Daven. i just checked my Turtles, which are fine in that respect… but they are going to Seiko UK for their bezels to be realigned. these aren’t ‘expensive’ watches, but we want them to be right.

Daven

Reaction score
I took it off and looked at it at different angles and all the dots line up perfectly. The twelve is the thinest hair off you really have to squint to see it and the 6 is a thin hair and a half off. I think in the picture its the camera angle that is distorting it.

SeikoForum

Diehard Seiko Collector Since 2014
Staff member
Reaction score
it’s the way that the tip of the ‘sword’ 12 hour marker doesn’t match up with the hour marker on the chapter ring that makes it clear to me.
Correct -- the chapter ring is slightly offset clockwise. Always request to see photos of the actual watch prior to purchasing it. This is a common and known Seiko QC issue with its modern watches.

Daven

Reaction score
image.jpg

Depends on how you look at it in person. In this picture the 9-6 look most off but in person its not as bad as the picture indicates. Certain ccamera angles can destort any of the lines. The 9 for instance is dead on though the picture shows its off.

Last edited: